You want your workspace to be efficient and safe, and your office electrical system is a key component to optimal efficiency. Therefore, you want to keep an eye out for any electrical issues and get those issues corrected as quickly as possible. A licensed electrician, like the professionals at NJ Electrical Services, can provide you with an electrician near Silver Spring to look for signs your office needs electrical work and correct any electrical problems detected.
Top Five Signs You Need Electrical Work
Here are the top five signs your office needs an electrical upgrade or electrical work:
- Dead Outlets: if you find an outlet is no longer working, that is a sure sign you need an electrician examine your electrical system to find out the cause. The electrician can pinpoint the problem and replace the damaged components.
- Sparking Outlets: sparks are a sign the components behind the outlet cover are damaged or decayed. You will want to immediately get this fixed because it presents a major fire hazard. An electrician will check the wires and the outlet for problems and replace them if necessary.
- Lights that Flicker: flickering lights can be a sign the bulb is going dead, but it could also be a sign that the connections are not stable and electricity isn’t flowing to them properly. Flickering lights can also cause heat build-up in the components which can present a fire hazard or other electrical issues. The electrician will replace wiring that’s loose or bulbs that are malfunctioning.
- Smell of Burning: if you notice an ozone smell in your office or the smell of smoke, this could be a sign your electrical system needs immediate attention. Your electrician will replace the damaged components.
- Circuit Breaker Keeps Tripping: a circuit breaker that keeps tripping is an indication that you need electrical work. While the breaker is working as intended and cutting off when overloaded, an electrician can upgrade the circuit and wiring to efficiently handle the load.
Call an Electrician Near Silver Spring Today
NJ Electric Services can send out an electrician near Silver Spring to your office to fix your electrical issues. Contact NJ Electric Services, for your electrical needs today.